Monday, June 1, 2009


A little north of rendsburg, I'll reach denmark tonight.



Sometimes there were miles and miles of this:







And sometimes it looked like this:



This is the view from Danevirke, A 4km wall built by the vikings that has been partially excavated.




This is where I took a nap, after discovering....





...That the weird friiction and rumbling sound was from a sheared rear axle. Luckily I could still ride and found a nice bike shop in schleswig where I replaced the entire wheel.


Finding my way was easy enough some of the time, since I just followed the ochsenweg (haervejen) all the way up to flensburg. I reached froeslevlejren at about 2200 that night and fell asleep.


Action shot from outside froeslev someplace the morning I knocked on Gustaf's door.



Gustaf was kind enough to let me have dinner and stay with them for the night, and the next day I rode from haderslev to andst and made it just in time for the yearly byfest, where farmor was participating in their western themed parade.



Later the same day elisabeth drove me to niels & anne marie's sommerhus where they were celebrating pinse. Yesterday I helped dig a hole for a new terrace, and built a bonfire pit.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for trying to talk to me on my birthday!! Hope Aarhus is fun!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete